- OHRV: Riding Snowmobiles, All-terrain Vehicles in the Granite State
Find safety education classes for All-Terrain Vehicles, trail bikes and snowmobiles. Laws and frequently asked questions about Off-Highway Recreational Vehicle (OHRV) use in New Hampshire.
- Boating in New Hampshire
Find boat launching areas, safe boating tips, information on invasive aquatic plants, links to New Hampshire boater education and boater safety classes.
The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department is committed to making all reasonable efforts to ensure that its properties are accessible to, and usable by, all people including those with disabilities.
Try Something New!
- Learning Outdoor Skills - From Hunter Education to Let's Go Fishing classes for all ages, to Barry Conservation Camp for youth, Fish and Game offers many opportunities for learning exciting new outdoor skills.
- Becoming an Outdoors-Woman
Becoming an Outdoors-Woman (B.O.W.) workshops offer a chance to learn about outdoor skills like archery, fly-fishing, firearms use, camping, canoeing... and much more! The winter B.O.W. workshop explores winter outdoor skills, like ice-fishing, snowshoeing and winter survival. "Beyond B.O.W." courses are a chance to build your skills even further.
- Merrimack River Wildlife Heritage Trail
- Wildlife Watching
Stay Safe in the Outdoors
- Safe Boating - Stay safe in the water!
- Safe Hiking
Like to hike? Preparation is key for a safe, enjoyable outdoor experience on New Hampshire's miles of beautiful trails. Do you know the ten essential items that should be in your pack? Brush up on what you need to know before you hit the trail.
- Surviving a Night in the Woods Outdoor survival tips ("Lost," courtesy of NH Wildlife Journal)
- Safety On the Ice
In winter, before you venture out onto any frozen pond or lake to icefish, snowmobile, ski or snowshoe, play it safe by following these important guidelines for ice safety. Read tips on ice safety.
- Wildlife-related Diseases: Need-to-know Information for Outdoor Enthusiasts. Enjoy New Hampshire's great outdoors, but learn how to take smart precautions to protect yourself against wildlife-related diseases such as Lyme disease, rabies, and EEE.
Outdoor Recreation News
Protect Our Forests
Don't Move Firewood!
- Buy Local, Burn Local
- NHBugs: Damaging Insects and Diseases
- NH Dept of Agriculture: Emerald Ash Borer
More Things to Do
- NH Children In Nature Coalition
Great ideas for getting outside with your kids, grandkids, students and young friends!
- Tourism and Lodging Partners Download "Ten things you can do to provide a wild time for your visitor" - filled with ideas to help you provide an authentic outdoor experience for New Hampshire's guests and residents.