Research, Surveys and Reports
Plans and Reports
- ME/NH Inshore Trawl Survey - Letter, maps and information
- Northeast Cooperative Research Program - Industry-Based Resource Surveys
- Marine Recreational Information Program (MRIP)
- Striped Bass Volunteer Angler Survey
- River Herring and Shad Monitoring
- Winnicut River Dam Removal Project - The Winnicut River Dam was a head-of-tide dam owned by NH Fish and Game with an associated Canadian step-weir fish ladder. Due to dam safety inspections and fish passage issues for anadromous fish, a feasibility study was conducted to determine the best course of action to improve fish passage and general ecological functions of a natural flowing river system and tributary to Great Bay. The dam removal, a new fishway, and related stabilization was conducted between 2009 and 2011 with funds from Natural Resources Conservation Service, NOAA Fisheries, ARRA, NH Fish & Game Department, NH Department of Environmental Services, NH-Coastal Conservation Association, NH Charitable Foundation, The Town of Greenland, and The State Conservation Committee’s Conservation Grant Program. Currently, work continues on improving diadromous fish passage and habitat within the Winnicut River.
- Invasive Plant Control Options for Landowners: It's Your Choice - Invasive plants are a problem throughout the state, but coastal properties have special needs and control options. Read the overview and click through the slide shows to learn more about how to fight harmful invasives in your own yard or neighborhood.
- Passport to Great Bay Learn more about a guide available for exploring conserved lands.
Partners and Other Links of Interest
- American Eels: Restoring a Vanishing Resource in the Gulf of Maine (courtesy of Gulf of Maine Council on the Marine Environment - www.gulfofmaine.org)
- Atlantic Coast Cooperative Statistics Program
- Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission
- Coastal Conservation Association
- Coastal webcams - Maineharbors.com
- Extraordinary Eelgrass (from NH Wildlife Journal)
- Gulf of Maine Council
- Gulf of Maine Research Institute: Gulf of Maine Buoy
- New England Fisheries Management Council
- Northeast Regional Association of Coastal and Ocean Observing Systems
- Striper Anglers - Report your catch online!
- US Harbors Tide charts
- UNH Coastal Observing Center