Thank you for visiting the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department website. NH Fish and Game



Unit L Antlerless-only Deer Permits

Each year, hunters in New Hampshire have the opportunity to purchase special permits to take additional antlerless deer in Wildlife Management Unit L. See WMU L Boundaries.


Unit L Permits

750 Special Unit L Antlerless Only Permits
will be available ONLINE ONLY
on July 11, 2017 and will be sold starting at 6:00 p.m.


PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high demand for the limited number of Unit L permits, be aware that even if you start applying right at 6:00 p.m., you may not get a permit.

  • During the sale, which lasts about 15 minutes, customer service will be unable to confirm license purchases.


Unit L Application Guidelines


  • The Unit L Permits to take an antlerless deer in Wildlife Management Unit (WMU) L will be available on Tuesday July 11, 2017, ONLY on the online license site at, and will be sold on a first come, first served basis. Permits will be sold starting at 6:00 p.m., and will sell out in a matter of minutes. 
  • To purchase a Unit L permit, go to and select "Purchase a 2017 NH License" button.
  • Have your documentation ready! Current New Hampshire hunting license, New Hampshire driver's license number, and credit card.
  • After you search for your record and verify your information, select  "Unit L Permit" from the license selection page; it will be the top one listed.
  • Enter your payment information:  The credit card information that you enter must match the name and address on file with your issuing bank, as this is a requirement of the credit card processor.
  • The system will check to see if the Unit L Permits are sold out only after you have entered your credit card information and selected "Purchase Item(s)." You will then receive either the message the Unit L Permits are sold out  OR, if you are successful,  you will get the receipt page with instructions to print your license.
    • Remember: It is your responsibility to print out the permit. You can print it from the receipt page or from the confirmation email which includes a link; you will have 48 hours to print the permit. If you cannot print your Unit L Permit, you must contact the Fish and Game Department no later than 4:00 p.m. Friday, July 14, 2017, or there will be a $6 duplicate fee. The permits will not be emailed and cannot be reprinted from the online licensing system.
  • Only one Unit L permit can be issued per sportsperson.


About Unit L Permits

  • The Unit L Permit and tag are valid for an antlerless deer taken in Wildlife Management Unit (WMU) L only.  You may use the Unit L permit before or after filling any other deer tag you possess, such as archery or firearm; you may not take a second deer until the first deer is legally registered.
  • An antlerless deer may be taken during the entire Unit L season with this permit.  You can use this permit during the archery, muzzleloader or firearms season by any legal method as follows:
    • A current New Hampshire archery license is required to take a deer with a bow and arrow during the archery season.  The archery season for Unit L Permit holders is September 15 - December 15.
    • A current New Hampshire muzzleloader license and a regular hunting (firearm) license are required to take a deer with a muzzleloader during the muzzleloader season.
    • A current New Hampshire regular hunting (firearm) license is required to take a deer with a firearm during the regular firearm season (you can use the Unit L Permit for the entire firearm season, through December 3, 2017).
  • A Unit L Antlerless Deer Permit is required for hunters of all ages, including minors less than 16 years of age and hunters holding permanent licenses such as Lifetime, Over Age 68, Disabled Veteran or Paraplegic.  Minors under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a properly licensed adult.
    • NOTE: To purchase for a minor, make sure you enter the minor’s information  (you will probably have to enter them as new customer unless he/she has a previous bear or turkey license) and the parent’s driver’s license #  if a resident of New Hampshire.
    • Fis 301.01(a) “Antlered deer” means a deer which has at least one antler 3 inches long measured from the tip of the main beam along the distal edge of the antler to the base of the antler burr at the skull.
  • Youth hunters (under age 16) may buy the special permits (read more about youth hunting).
Permit is valid ONLY in Wildlife Management Unit L. Boundaries are described below.


Why are Special Unit L Antlerless Only deer permits offered?
Special Unit L antlerless-only permits are being issued by Fish and Game in an effort to stabilize the size of the deer herd in southeastern New Hampshire and minimize deer-human conflicts such as vehicle collisions and destructive browsing of ornamental plants. High deer densities and development make potential deer-human conflicts of greater concern in this region.


Boundaries of Wildlife Management Unit L* are as follows:
Unit L: From the junction of I-93 & I-393 in Concord, east on I-393 to Rte. 4, east on Rte. 4 to Rte. 202 in Northwood, north on Rte. 202 to NH/ME state line, south along the NH/ME state line to Little Bay, south along the Rockingham/Strafford County line in Little & Great Bay to the Squamscott River, south along the Squamscott River to Rte. 101, west along Rte. 101 to I-93 in Manchester, south on I-93 to I-293, north on I-293 to I-93 to I-393 in Concord.


*as listed in the New Hampshire Hunting and Trapping Digest