The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department faces a major funding shortfall. Without legislative action, the Fish and Game Department will not be able to adequately fulfill its responsibilities in the coming biennium, which starts July 1, 2013, and the Fish and Game Fund will be depleted by the end of FY 2015.
Status: Stopgap funding for Fish and Game was included in the budget proposed by the Governor and passed by the N.H. House in April of 2013. Next, the N.H. State Senate takes up the budget.
- Stopgap Funding in the State Budget - Why is this so important?
- Printable fact sheet about the Fish and Game funding situation
- Learn more about the crisis in Search and Rescue funding
- Bills of interest to Fish and Game
- Fish and Game Funding FAQs, budget pie charts and more