Learn to Fish: Let's Go Fishing!
The Let's Go Fishing Program is part of the New Hampshire Fish & Game Department's Aquatic Resources Education. The program facilitates angler education classes that teach basic ecological concepts, introductory fishing skills, and new ways to enjoy the outdoors.
Classes are designed primarily for first time anglers, age eight and older. They range from four to twelve hours, depending on discipline, and are taught statewide, year round, by trained volunteer instructors. Classes are offered in the following disciplines:
- Ice fishing
- Fly fishing
- Basic fishing (hook and bobber)
- Saltwater fishing
- Fly tying
Are you a school interested in having a program? Go to schools program.
Interested in what it takes to become a volunteer instructor? Find out more.
For more information, call (603) 271-3212 weekdays 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Let's Go Fishing program is federally funded through the Sport Fish and Wildlife Restoration Act.
This program receives Federal financial assistance from the US Fish and Wildlife Service. Under Title VI of the civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title IX of the Education amendments of 1972, the US Department of the Interior and its bureaus prohibit discrimination on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, age or sex (in educational programs). If you believe that you have been discriminated against in any program, activity, or facility, or if you desire additional information please write to:
The US Fish and Wildlife Service
Office for Diversity and Civil Rights Programs - External Affairs
4041 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite 130
Arlington, VA 22203
Interested in setting up a program for your group or organizations?
- On average, classes are scheduled 3 months in advance. So, the earlier you call to make a reservation the better.
- Priority is given on a first come first serve basis.
- No class will be scheduled with 30 or less days notice.
- There is an 8 person minimum.
- Each group, organization, or school is responsible for their own transportation to and from off site locations.
- Please be aware that all programs are dependent upon volunteer instructor availability and subject to cancelation if no instructors are available.
Let's Go Fishing Program
Additional Learning Opportunities