Taking Action for Wildlife
Conservation Planning Tools for Your Community
The Wildlife Action Plan includes several tools to assist communities with integrating wildlife habitat conservation into decisions about land use.
Taking Action for Wildlife (www.takingactionforwildlife.org) is a collaboration between NH Fish and Game and UNH Cooperative Extension to assist communities and landowners in conserving wildlife and habitats in New Hampshire. In this website you'll find a step-by-step guide for wildlife habitat conservation planning strategies and community success stories.
- Incorporating Wildlife Action Plan data into a Natural Resource Inventory
- WILDLIFE HABITAT AUDIT: How well are natural resources protected in your town planning documents?
- Implementing Wildlife Action Plan Strategies after the Planning Process
- Wildife Action Plan Maps: descriptions of maps, download and print maps, GIS data, etc
- Habitats: descriptions and images of different NH habitat types
- Habitat Management: What is habitat management and why do we have to do? Can you manage for wildlife on your property?
- Learn More: Workshops and Presentations
- Visit UNH Cooperative Extension Conservation Planning Website: (www.extension.unh.edu/CommDev/CCAP.htm)