Mark Beauchesne: 603-271-6355
Jane Vachon: 603-271-3211
August 11, 2011
Note to media: Photos available at www.wildnh.com/events/NHF_Day.html.
National Hunting & Fishing Day Events in Concord and Holderness – Sept. 24, 2011
Check out the latest gear at the Sporting Expo in Concord.
CONCORD, N.H. – Mark your calendars for this fall's biggest hunting and fishing event in the Granite State -- National Hunting and Fishing Day -- on September 24, 2011. It's a statewide celebration hosted by the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department, featuring a Sporting Expo in Concord and an Open House with shooting and other hands-on activities at Fish and Game's Owl Brook Hunter Education Center in Holderness.
Sporting Expo in Concord, N.H. -- The N.H. Fish and Game grounds at 11 Hazen Drive in Concord will be transformed into a giant outdoor sporting expo from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on National Hunting and Fishing Day, September 24, 2011. Admission is free. Visit more than 70 exhibits featuring hunting and fishing-related products and services, plus many demonstrations and activities for visitors. Promotional support for the event is being provided by the Wildlife Heritage Foundation of New Hampshire, Weatherby Foundation, Green's Marine, Bonneville & Son Jeep and 96.5 The Mill. A demo and display area will feature:
* Archery and air rifle ranges
* Crossbow demonstrations
* Hunting gear and accessories – from guns to decoys to scents and calls
* Pointing dog and retriever demonstrations
* Duck and goose calling lessons and demos
* Taxidermy exhibits
* Fly-tying demonstrations
* Display of state record buck
* "Forever Locked" moose exhibit
* Food concession from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
* Giant raffle featuring dozens of items including a Lund Jon Boat, a Thompson/Center .50 caliber muzzleloader, pheasant hunt for two, and Savage Arms Axis rifle.
Visitors check out the archery range at Owl Brook.
Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center in Holderness, N.H. – N.H. Fish and Game’s Owl Brook Hunter Education Center will host a public open house on National Hunting and Fishing Day (September 24, 2011) from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., with a host of hands-on activities and seminars for youth and families. Admission is free. Adults can enter a free raffle for a gun donated by Thompson/Center Arms. Special activities at Owl Brook during the event will include:
* 3-D archery course
* Video-based interactive shooting simulator
* Chance to try your luck breaking clay targets at the shotgun range
* Demonstration of the newest line of muzzleloaders from Thompson/Center Arms
* Treestand safety seminar
* Trapping techniques demonstration by a N.H. Trappers Association representative
* Free ice cream donated by Granite State Dairy Promotion
* Free gun raffle
Other Attractions Statewide: Agents and sporting goods retailers are encouraged to offer National Hunting and Fishing Day in-store sales or discounts, seminars, product demos or other activities. Selected sporting clubs will open their doors to the public for special sight-in days, muzzleloader shoots, range tours or shotgun events. Submit your event at www.nhfday.org/Events.aspx – and be a part of the National Hunting and Fishing Day 2011 New Hampshire celebration.
For vendor list, raffle item list, and schedule of events, visit www.wildnh.com/nhfday.
- ### -