Lt. Robert Bryant: 603-271-3127
Sandra Falicon: 603-271-3511
Jane Vachon: 603-271-3211
November 17, 2010
Public Hearing Dec. 16, 2010, on Wildlife Importation, Furbearer Rules
CONCORD, N.H. – A public hearing about proposed rules affecting the importation and possession of alligators, crocodiles and bison, as well as clarifying the rules on furbearer hunting, is set for Thursday, December 16, 2010, at 3:00 p.m. at the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department, 11 Hazen Drive, Concord, N.H.
Fish and Game is proposing to:
- Clarify that raccoon may be taken at night;
- Clarify that coyote may be taken by firearm or bow and arrow;
- Prohibit importation and possession of alligators and crocodiles by individuals;
- Add bison as a non-controlled species for possession and remove the requirement for tagging under a propagators license; this means persons will be able to possess and propagate bison without a permit from the Fish and Game Department; and
- Readopt wildlife rehabilitation rules.
The proposed rule, with original and proposed language, may be found at www.wildnh.com/Legislative/Notices_summary.htm.
Written comments on the proposed changes may be submitted by December 27, 2010; e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (put "Comment on Wildlife Rules" in subject line); fax to 603-271-1438; or mail to Executive Director, N.H. Fish and Game Department, 11 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH 03301.
The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department works in partnership with the public to conserve manage and protect the state’s fish, wildlife and marine resources and their habitats. Visit www.wildnh.com.
- ### -