Col. Martin Garabedian: 603-271-3128
Sandra Falicon: 603-271-3511
Jane Vachon: 603-271-3211
October 13, 2010
Public Hearing November 3, 2010, on Proposed Hunting and Fishing Guide Rules
CONCORD, N.H. – A public hearing about proposed rules affecting hunting and fishing guides in New Hampshire is set for Wednesday, November 3, 2010, at 6:30 p.m. at the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department, 11 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH.
Fish and Game is proposing to readopt or readopt with amendment the rules relative
to guide's licenses. The proposed changes would:
- Add a practical skills portion to the existing requirement for basic first aid and CPR course
- Increase the time that an applicant applying for a guide's license be free of any misdemeanor conviction
- Change the application and examination procedures for a guide's license to:
- require an oral exam (pass/fail) in addition to the written exa
- allow applicants failing the written exam to apply for re-testing in 60 days the first time, and one year if a second time; if an applicant is unsuccessful in passing the oral exam, it can be rescheduled for the next available date
- specify the makeup of the examiners conducting the oral exam
- specify that a renewal applicant will not be required to take the oral or written exam if they held a guide's license within the previous 7 years
- Require that guides meet the requirements for boat registration and licensing
- Not allow guides to personally hunt or fish while guiding
- Change information on the guide's license application to add legal address and documentation that they hold a current basic first aid and CPR course, including a practical skills portion
The proposed rule, with original and proposed language, may be found at www.wildnh.com/Legislative/Notices_summary.htm.
Written comments on the proposed changes may be submitted by November 15, 2010; e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (put "Comment on Guide Rules" in subject line); fax to (603) 271-1438; or mail to Executive Director, N.H. Fish and Game Department, 11 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH 03301.
The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department works in partnership with the public to conserve manage and protect the state’s fish, wildlife and marine resources and their habitats. Visit www.wildnh.com.
- ### -