Judy Stokes: (603) 271-3211
Jane Vachon: (603) 271-3211
November 16, 2010
Fish and Game Commission Seeks Nominations for Awards of Excellence
CONCORD, N.H. – The New Hampshire Fish and Game Commission is calling for nominations for their annual Awards of Excellence program. This is a great way to honor someone who has made a difference in conserving New Hampshire’s wildlife, fisheries, open land and wild places. Each year, the Commission recognizes deserving individuals and organizations for outstanding achievements in furthering the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department’s mission. There are seven different award categories.
TO NOMINATE a person or organization for one of these awards, download the nomination form at www.wildnh.com/Inside_FandG/Awards_of_Excellence_Form.pdf. Forms are also available at Fish and Game offices, or call (603) 271-3511 to request by mail. Send your nomination package, postmarked no later than December 31, 2010, to: Commission Awards Program, N.H. Fish and Game Department, 11 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH 03301. No electronic submissions are accepted. Posthumous nominations are allowed.
There are seven award categories:
1. Ellis R. Hatch Jr. Commission Award of Excellence -- Recognizing an individual, group, organization, club, foundation or agency that has excelled in efforts to promote, enhance or benefit fish, wildlife or marine resources or the Department’s mission.
2. Youth Conservationist -- Recognizing an individual, 18 years of age or younger, who has excelled in efforts to benefit fish, wildlife or marine resources or the Department’s mission.
3. Communication -- Recognizing an outdoor communicator, writer, or media source (radio, television, magazine, newsletter or periodical) that has written or published articles or materials beneficial to public understanding about fish, wildlife or marine resources as they relate to the Department’s mission. Judged on fairness, accuracy, timeliness, balance and quality of reporting.
4. Conservation Organization -- Recognizing any organization, group, foundation or agency that has excelled in efforts to enhance the welfare of fish, wildlife and marine resources, and supporting achievement of the Department’s mission. Recipients will be judged on their efforts to promote the wise use of natural resources for their recreational or economic value.
5. Volunteer -- Recognizing an individual who, as a volunteer with the Department, has excelled in efforts to support and achieve Fish and Game’s mission.
6. Habitat Stewardship -- Recognizing an organization, non-governmental entity, individual or corporation that has excelled in the enhancement, conservation or creation of land management practices beneficial to New Hampshire’s fish, wildlife and marine resources and the Department’s mission.
7. Landowner Appreciation -- Recognizing a person who excelled in preserving or enhancing opportunities for public use on private property, furthering Fish and Game’s mission.
For more information on the Commission Awards and find accounts of those honored in recent years, visit www.wildnh.com/Inside_FandG/commission_awards.html.
The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department is the guardian of the state’s fish, wildlife and marine resources and their habitats. Visit www.wildnh.com.
- ### -