Mark Beauchesne: 603-271-6355
Jane Vachon: 603-271-3211
July 12, 2010
Get this on your fall events calendar!
National Hunting & Fishing Day Events in Concord and Holderness – September 25, 2010
CONCORD, N.H. – Mark your calendars for this fall's big hunting and fishing event in the Granite State -- National Hunting and Fishing Day -- on September 25, 2010. It's a statewide celebration hosted by the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department, with presenting sponsor the Wildlife Heritage Foundation of New Hampshire, featuring a Sporting Expo in Concord, shooting and other hands-on activities and demos at Fish and Game's Owl Brook Hunter Education Center, and other special events around the state.
Sporting Expo in Concord, N.H. -- The N.H. Fish and Game grounds at 11 Hazen Drive in Concord will be transformed into a giant outdoor sporting expo from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on National Hunting and Fishing Day, September 25, 2010. Admission is free. Under the big tent, visit more than 40 product manufacturer representatives with exhibits, demonstrations and activities for visitors -- a great chance to check out new and established hunting and fishing-related products and services. A demo and display area will feature:
- Archery and air rifle ranges
- Hunting gear and accessories – from guns to decoys to scents and calls
- Pointing dog and retriever demonstrations
- Duck and goose calling lessons and demonstrations
- Taxidermy exhibits
- Fly-tying demonstrations
- Display of state record buck
- "Forever Locked" moose exhibit
- Food concession from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Hunting-related Activities and Demos at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center in Holderness, N.H. -- Fish and Game’s Owl Brook Hunter Education Center will be open to the public for the National Hunting and Fishing Day event on September 25 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., with a host of hands-on activities and seminars for youth and families. Come check it out – admission is free. Adults can enter a free raffle for two guns donated by Thompson Center Arms and Sturm Ruger (one each). Special activities at Owl Brook (all free) during the event include:
- 3-D archery course
- Video-based interactive shooting simulator
- Ruger pro staff will help you hone your shotgun skills – you can shoot their new guns, too
- Thompson/Center Arms pro staff will be on hand to demonstrate their newest line of muzzleloaders; visitors will have a chance to try them out
- Treestand safety seminar
- Trapping techniques demonstration by a N.H. Trappers Association representative
- Free ice cream donated by Granite State Dairy Promotion
- Free raffle – for two guns
Other Attractions Statewide: Agents and sporting goods retailers are encouraged to offer National Hunting and Fishing Day in-store sales or discounts, seminars, product demos or other activities. Sporting clubs are encouraged to open their doors to the public for special sight-in days, muzzleloader shoots, range tours or shotgun events. Submit your event at www.nhfday.org/Events.aspx – and be a part of the National Hunting and Fishing Day 2010 New Hampshire celebration.
* See a current listing of venues across the state participating in New Hampshire's National Hunting and Fishing Day celebration at www.nhfday.org/Page/Events-New-Hampshire.html. Already posted is a "First Shots" seminar on September 25, for anyone who wants to get started in recreational shooting, at the Elkins Fish and Game Club, Inc., Pine Hill Road, Wilmot, N.H. Contact email@example.com or call 603-526-7447.
- ### -