Kent Gustafson, Wildlife:  603-271-2461 
Sue Perry, Licensing: 603-271-2743
Jane Vachon: 603-271-3211
July 2, 2008

Unit M Antlerless Deer Permits Now Available

CONCORD, N.H. -- Hunters who want the chance to take an additional antlerless deer in Wildlife Management Unit M in southeastern New Hampshire during the fall hunting seasons can buy a special permit from the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department starting July 1.  Interested hunters can visit to purchase a permit online; buy a permit from Fish and Game headquarters in Concord; print a mail-in application from the Fish and Game website; or call 603-271-3422 to request an application by mail.

Fish and Game will issue a total of 6,000 permits this year -- 500 more than in 2007.  These permits reflect a long-term objective, outlined in the state's Big Game Management Plan, to reduce deer numbers in southeastern New Hampshire and minimize deer-human conflicts, such as vehicle collisions and destructive browsing of ornamental plants.  High deer densities and development make potential deer-human conflicts of greater concern in southeastern New Hampshire.  Special Unit M permits have been issued in N.H. since 1997. 

Unit M permits are issued on a first-come, first-served basis and cost $13.  Applicants must hold a current New Hampshire hunting or archery license and may buy only one Unit M permit each year. Hunters may use this permit on any day during those seasons for which they are legally licensed -- including the archery, muzzleloader and regular firearms seasons -- to take one additional antlerless deer in Unit M.  Youth hunters are eligible to buy a Unit M permit.

Specific boundaries for Unit M, and more information on the special permits, can be found at

The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department is the guardian of the state's fish, wildlife and marine resources and their habitats.

- ###  -

About Us
NH Fish and Game Dept.
11 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03301

top bottom background image