Judy Stokes: (603) 271-3211
Jane Vachon: (603) 271-3211
December 19, 2007
Last Call for 2007 Fish and Game Commission Award Nominations
CONCORD, N.H. - Time is running out to submit nominations for the 2007 New Hampshire Fish and Game Commission Awards of Excellence. Nominations must be postmarked by December 31. If you know a person or organization that has furthered the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department's mission and made a difference for the state's fish, wildlife or marine resources and their habitats, recognize their achievements by nominating them for one of these special awards.
To submit a nomination, click here to download the application from the Fish and Game website, or pick up a copy from a Fish and Game office or call (603) 271-3511. Mail your nomination package, postmarked no later than December 31, 2007, to: Commission Awards Program, N.H. Fish and Game Department, 11 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH 03301. No electronic submissions will be accepted. Posthumous nominations are acceptable. The awards will be presented in April 2008.
There are seven award categories in which nominations may be made:
1. Ellis R. Hatch Jr. Commission Award of Excellence -- Recognizing an individual, group, organization, club, foundation or agency that has excelled in efforts to promote, enhance or benefit fish, wildlife or marine resources or the Department's mission through any variety of involvement.
2. Youth Conservationist -- Recognizing an individual, 18 years of age or younger, who has excelled in efforts to benefit fish, wildlife or marine resources or the Department's mission through any variety of involvement.
3. Communication -- Recognizing an outdoor communicator, writer, or media source (radio, television, magazine, newsletter or periodical) that has written or published articles or materials beneficial to public understanding about fish, wildlife or marine resources as they relate to the Department's mission. This category will be judged on fairness, accuracy, timeliness, balance and quality of reporting.
4. Conservation Organization -- Recognizing any organization, group, foundation, or agency that has excelled in efforts to enhance the welfare of fish, wildlife and marine resources, and supporting achievement of the Department's mission. Recipients will be judged on their efforts to promote the wise use of natural resources for their recreational or economic value.
5. Volunteer -- Recognizing an individual who, as a volunteer with the Department, has excelled in efforts to support and achieve the Department's mission.
6. Habitat Stewardship -- Recognizing an organization, non-governmental entity, individual or corporation that has excelled in the enhancement, conservation or creation
of land management practices beneficial to New Hampshire's fish, wildlife and marine resources and the Department's mission.
7. Landowner Appreciation -- Recognizing an individual who excelled in the preservation or enhancement of opportunities for public use on private property as it benefits the Department's mission.
As guardian of New Hampshire's fish, wildlife and marine resources, the Fish and Game Department works in partnership with the public to:
- Conserve, manage and protect these resources and their habitats;
- Inform and educate the public about these resources; and
- Provide opportunities for the public to use and appreciate these resources.
- ### -