Sue Perry: (603) 271-2743
Kent Gustafson:  (603) 271-2461
Liza Poinier: (603) 271-3211
July 2, 2006

Unit M Special Deer Permits Now Available

CONCORD, N.H. -- Hunters who want the chance to take an additional antlerless deer in Wildlife Management Unit M in southeastern New Hampshire during the fall hunting season can buy a special permit from the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department starting July 2.  Interested hunters can purchase a permit online at; buy a permit from Fish and Game headquarters in Concord; print a mail-in application from the Fish and Game website; or call 603-271-3422 to request an application by mail.

Fish and Game will issue a total of 5,500 permits this year. These permits reflect a long-term objective to reduce deer numbers in this urbanized part of the state.

Unit M permits are issued on a first-come, first-served basis and cost $13.  Applicants must hold a current New Hampshire hunting or archery license and may buy only one Unit M permit each year. Hunters may use this permit on any day during those seasons for which they are legally licensed -- including the archery, muzzleloader and regular firearms seasons -- to take one additional antlerless deer in Unit M. Youth hunters are eligible to buy a Unit M permit.

The special Unit M permits have been issued by Fish and Game since 1997 in an effort to stabilize the size of the deer herd in southeastern New Hampshire and minimize deer-human conflicts such as vehicle collisions and destructive browsing of ornamental plants.  Unit M has the highest deer density in New Hampshire.  

CLICK HERE for specific boundaries for Unit M, and more information on the special permits.

The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department is the guardian of the state's fish, wildlife and marine resources and their habitats.

- ### -

About Us
NH Fish and Game Dept.
11 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03301

top bottom background image