Dan Lynch: (603) 271-3511
Jane Vachon: (603) 271-3211
November 16, 2006
Fish and Game Commission Seeks Nominations for Awards of Excellence
CONCORD, N.H. -- The New Hampshire Fish and Game Commission is seeking nominations for its Awards of Excellence program to recognize outstanding achievements in furthering the N.H. Fish and Game Department's mission.
Nomination forms can be printed from the Fish and Game website at www.wildlife.state.nh.us (click here to download form; PDF file 78 KB), or call (603) 271-3511 to request one by mail. Nominations must be postmarked by December 31, 2006. The awards will be presented at Discover WILD New Hampshire Day in April 2007.
"These awards give us a chance to express our gratitude to the people of New Hampshire who have worked hard to further the work of the Fish and Game Department in conserving and managing the State's fish, wildlife and marine resources," said N.H. Fish and Game Commission Chair Glenn Normandeau.
There are seven award categories in which nominations may be made:
1. Ellis R. Hatch Jr. Commission Award of Excellence -- Recognizing an individual, group, organization, club, foundation or agency that has excelled in efforts to promote, enhance or benefit fish, wildlife or marine resources or the Department's mission through any variety of involvement.
2. Youth Conservationist -- Recognizing an individual, 18 years of age or younger, who has excelled in efforts to benefit fish, wildlife or marine resources or the Department's mission through any variety of involvement.
3. Communication -- Recognizing an outdoor communicator, writer, or media source (radio, television, magazine, newsletter or periodical) that has written or published articles or materials beneficial to public understanding about fish, wildlife or marine resources as they relate to the Department's mission. This category will be judged on fairness, accuracy, timeliness, balance and quality of reporting.
4. Conservation Organization -- Recognizing any organization, group, foundation, or agency that has excelled in efforts to enhance the welfare of fish, wildlife and marine resources, and supporting achievement of the Department's mission. Recipients will be judged on their efforts to promote the wise use of natural resources for their recreational or economic value.
5. Volunteer -- Recognizing an individual who, as a volunteer with the Department, has excelled in efforts to support and achieve the Department's mission.
6. Habitat Stewardship -- Recognizing an organization, non-governmental entity, individual or corporation that has excelled in the enhancement, conservation or creation of land management practices beneficial to New Hampshire's fish, wildlife and marine resources and the Department's mission.
7. Landowner Appreciation -- Recognizing an individual who excelled in the preservation or enhancement of opportunities for public use on private property as it benefits the Department's mission.
To nominate a person or organization for one of these awards, click here to download a printable nomination form from the Fish and Game website (PDF file, 78 KB), pick up a copy from a Fish and Game office, or call (603) 271-3511 to request a form. Mail your nomination package, postmarked no later than December 31, 2006, to: Commission Awards Program, N.H. Fish and Game Department, 11 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH 03301. No electronic submissions will be accepted. Posthumous nominations are acceptable.
For a summary of last year's Commission Award of Excellence winners, click here.
As guardian of New Hampshire's fish, wildlife and marine resources, the Fish and Game Department works in partnership with the public to:
- Conserve, manage and protect these resources
and their habitats;
- Inform and educate the public about these resources;
- Provide opportunities for the public to use and appreciate these resources.
- ### -