Jane Vachon: (603) 271-3211
Kent Gustafson: (603) 271-2461
Susan Martin: (603) 271-2743
July 1, 2005

UPDATE: Please note that as of September 26, 2005, all the Unit M Special permits for 2005 have been sold.

Unit M Special Deer Permits Available Online July 1

CONCORD, N.H. -- Hunters who want the chance to take one additional antlerless deer in Wildlife Management Unit M in southeastern New Hampshire during the fall hunting season can buy their permit online from the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department starting July 1, 2005.

To obtain a permit, interested hunters should:

Fish and Game will issue a total of 3,250 Unit M permits on a first-come, first-served basis in 2005. Unit M permits allow hunters to take one antlerless deer -- in addition to deer that may be taken with a firearms or archery license -- only in Unit M.

The special Unit M permits have been issued by Fish and Game since 1997 in an effort to stabilize the size of the deer herd in southeastern New Hampshire and minimize deer-human conflicts such as vehicle collisions and destructive browsing of ornamental plants. Unit M has the highest deer density in New Hampshire.

Hunters can use the special permit on any day during those seasons for which they are legally licensed. This can include the archery, muzzleloader and regular firearms season in Unit M. Applicants must have a valid 2005 N.H. hunting or archery license and pay a non-refundable $13 application fee. One permit application is allowed per person.

Click here for specific boundaries of Unit M, plus more information on the special permits.

The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department is the guardian of the state's fish, wildlife and marine resources and their habitats.

- ### -

About Us
NH Fish and Game Dept.
11 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03301

top bottom background image