Kent Gustafson: 603-271-2461
Mark Ellingwood: 603-271-2461
Jason Philippy: 603-271-3211
March 24, 2014
2014-2015 Wildlife Rule Hearings
March 31 & April 2-3, 2014
CONCORD, N.H. – The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department will hold a series of public hearings on proposed rules setting the state's hunting seasons for 2014 and 2015. By law, wildlife season-setting rules are reviewed every two years. Hearings will be held on the following dates:
- March 31, 2014 – Keene High School 6:30-9:00 p.m.
- April 2, 2014 – Fish and Game Region 1 Office in Lancaster, 6:30-9:00 p.m.
- April 3, 2014 – N.H. Fish and Game Department, Concord, N.H.,6:30-9:00 p.m.
Some of the proposals include:
- Moose: Reducing the number of permits available in the lottery from 275 to 124 statewide.
- Deer: Increasing the number of either-sex hunting days during the muzzleloader or regular firearm seasons in some Wildlife Management Units (WMUs) and establishing seasons for the taking of deer with the aid and use of bait.
- Bear: Lengthening the still hunting/stalking season for bear in WMUs H2, K, L and M by 7 days.
- Turkey: Establishing a fall archery season for turkey in WMU A.
The complete rulemaking notice, with original and proposed rule language, can be viewed at wildnh.com/Legislative/Notices_summary.htm.
Written comments must be received by April 10, 2014. Send to: email@example.com (use subject line “Comments on Wildlife Rules”); or write to Executive Director, N.H. Fish and Game Department, 11 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH 03301; or fax to 603-271-1438.
After considering public comment, the Wildlife Division will present the final rule package to the Fish and Game Commission at its April 16, 2014, meeting. The rules then go before the Joint Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules (JLCAR) at the State Legislature for approval. The new rules for 2014-2015 will be reflected in the new N.H. Hunting and Trapping Digest, which is published in August.
For additional highlights of the wildlife rule Proposal, visit wildnh.com/Newsroom/2014/Q1/Wildlife_rules.html.
- ### -