- Get outside!
- About Us
(a) All persons reporting a bear kill to a New Hampshire conservation officer or personnel authorized by the director shall provide the following information on the bear registration form subject to the penalties for making unsworn false statements under RSA 641:3:
(1) The hunter’s:
a. Hunting license number;
c. Mailing and street address;
d. Date of birth;
e. Sex; and
f. Telephone number;
(2) The wildlife management unit and town where the bear was killed and specific locality within the town;
(3) The date and time of kill;
(4) The dressed weight and sex of the bear;
(5) If female, teat length and lactation status;
(6) Whether or not the bear was ear-tagged;
(7) The method of hunting used, such as bait, hound, still hunting or stalking;
(8) The number of days spent hunting for bear;
(9) The species that was specifically hunted, such as bear, deer or other;
(10) The firearm type and caliber, if appropriate;
(11) Whether a guide was employed and if yes, the guide’s name;
(12) What the bear was feeding on;
(13) If the bear was killed over hounds, the name of the owner(s) of the hounds; and
(14) The signature of the hunter subject to the penalties for making unsworn false statements under RSA 641:3.
(b) The conservation officer or department personnel shall collect a premolar tooth from each bear.
(c) The registering conservation officer or personnel authorized by the director shall puncture the skin of the bear and attach a numbered seal through the hole and securely fasten the seal.
(d) The numbered seal shall not be removed from the skin of the animal until the skin is processed by tanning or other means.
Source. #444, eff 6-17-74; amd by #1852, eff 11-5-81; ss By #2119, eff 8-12-82; ss by #2832, eff 8-21-84; ss by #3104, eff 8-22-85; amd by #3128, eff 10-1-85; ss by #4663, eff 8-21-89; ss by #4828, eff 6-1-90; ss by #6250, eff 5-22-96 (See Revision Note at part heading for Fis 301); ss by #7881, eff 4-26-03; ss by #8085, eff 5-26-04; ss by #8644, eff 6-1-06; amd by #9458, eff 4-21-09; amd by #9720-A, eff 6-5-10, (paras (b)-(d)); amd by #9720-B, eff 6-5-10, (para (a))