Ruffed Grouse Wing and Tail Survey
|Win a gun! All those who turn in completed and useable grouse study survey packets will be entered into a drawing for a quality shotgun donated by the Ruffed Grouse Society.|
Statewide New Hampshire Survey
New Hampshire Fish and Game conducts an annual grouse wing and tail survey throughout the state to help gain critical information about ruffed grouse in New Hampshire. Hunter participation is key to this effort -- we need your help!
How to take part:
Any grouse hunter can participate by picking up grouse sample packets, which include envelopes and survey cards for two grouse samples, from any of the participating locations listed below. Hunters are asked to remove all tissue from wing and tail samples and to let them dry completely before placing the samples in the envelopes. Do NOT place the samples in plastic of any kind. Hunters should place only one wing and tail in each envelope with the corresponding completed survey card. Completed packets must be returned to one of these locations.
Packets will be available as of September 28, 2013, at the following locations:
- N.H. Fish and Game Department, Headquarters, Concord, NH (Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4 pm) PACKETS MAY BE PICKED UP AND DELIVERED TO THE LICENSING OFFICE ON THE 1ST FLOOR
- N.H. Fish and Game Department, Region 1 Office, Lancaster, NH (Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4 pm)
- N.H. Fish and Game Department, Region 2 Office, New Hampton, NH (Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4 pm)
- N.H. Fish and Game Department, Region 3 Office, Durham, NH (Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4 pm)
- N.H. Fish and Game Department, Region 4 Office, Keene, NH (Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4 pm)
- Errol General Store, 76 Main Street, Errol, NH (M-Th 5am-7pm; F 5am-8pm; Sat 7am-8pm; Sun 8am-6pm)
- L.L. Cote 25 Main Street Errol, NH. Open daily 8am-5pm
- Lopstick Lodge, 1st Connecticut Lake, Pittsburg, NH. Open daily 7am-9pm.
- Tall Timber Lodge, 609 Beach Road, Pittsburg, NH. Open daily 8am-10pm
- Young’s General Store, 2792 North Main Street, Pittsburg, NH (Packets and tubs in entryway of store, which is open all the time)
Win a gun! All those who turn in completed and useable grouse study survey packets will be entered into a drawing for a quality shotgun donated by the Ruffed Grouse Society.
Please let other ruffed grouse enthusiasts know about this survey and help us increase participation this year, and say thanks to these business owners for their effort, as well.
For more information on the grouse survey, call Julie Robinson, N.H. Fish and Game Small Game Project Leader, at Fish and Game's Region 3 Office in Durham at 603-868-1095.
Enjoy hunting the beautiful state of New Hampshire:
- For dates and details on small game hunting in New Hampshire, click here. Don't forget to fill out the Small Game Survey, in addition to the Grouse Survey, for a chance to win another great gun.
- For more information on hunting in New Hampshire, click here.
- For online license and permit sales, click here.