Unit M Antlerless-only Deer Permits

Each year, hunters in New Hampshire have the opportunity to purchase special permits to take additional anterless deer in Wildlife Management Unit M. (Click here for WMU M boundaries.)

Up to 4,000 hunters may purchase Special Antlerless Deer Permits for WMU M in 2014

Unit M permits come with two deer tags and cost $26, plus a transaction fee.

Unit M Permits are sold on a first-come, first-served basis, while supplies last:

Click here to purchase online

Click here for a print-and-mail application

Unit M Permits may also be purchased at Fish and Game headquarters, 11 Hazen Drive in Concord, or call 603-271-3422 to request an application by mail.

Why are Special Unit M Antlerless Only deer permits offered?
Special Unit M antlerless-only permits have been issued by Fish and Game since 1997 in an effort to stabilize the size of the deer herd in southeastern New Hampshire and minimize deer-human conflicts such as vehicle collisions and destructive browsing of ornamental plants. High deer densities and development make potential deer-human conflicts of greater concern in this region.

Unit M Application Guidelines:

  • In 2014, up to 4,000 hunters will be able to purchase Special Antlerless Deer Permits for WMU M. Each permit comes with two deer tags; the cost is $26, plus a transaction fee. There is not an option of buying one tag.
  • You may purchase a Unit M permit and a Unit L permit (note - Unit L permits are sold out for 2014)
  • Permits are sold on a first-come, first-served basis, while supplies last.
  • Unit M permits may be purchased online, at N.H. Fish and Game headquarters in Concord, by using a mail-in application, or by calling 603-271-3422 to request a mail-in application.
  • You must have a current New Hampshire hunting or archery license to apply.
  • You may apply only once each year. Incomplete, illegible and duplicate applications will not be considered.
  • The permit is for taking antlerless deer only.
  • Deer may be taken in Unit M by any legal method during the muzzleloader, firearms or archery season, as follows:
    • an archery license is required to take a deer with a bow and arrow during the archery season;
    • a muzzleloader license and a regular firearms hunting license are required to take a deer with a muzzleloader during the muzzleloader season; and
    • a regular firearms hunting license is required to take a deer with a firearm during the regular firearms season.
  • You may not take more than one deer at a time. If you are using a Special Unit M Permit, the first deer taken must be registered before you try to take another deer.
  • Youth hunters (under age 16) may buy the special permits (click here for more details on youth hunting).
  • Permit is valid ONLY in Wildlife Management Unit M. Unit M boundaries are described below.

Boundaries of Wildlife Management Unit M* are as follows:
From the junction of Rte. 13 in Brookline and the NH/MA border, north on Rte. 13 to Rte. 101 in Milford, north on Rte. 101 to I-293 in Manchester, east on I-293 to I-93, north on Rte. I-93 to Rte. 101 in Manchester, east on Rte. 101 to its junction with the Squamscott River in Exeter, north along the Squamscott River to Great Bay, north along the Strafford/Rockingham County line in Great and Little Bay to the NH/ME state line, east along the NH/ME state line to the Atlantic Ocean, south along the NH coast line to the NH/MA line, west along the NH/MA state line to its junction with Rte. 13 in Brookline.

*as listed in the N.H. Hunting and Trapping Digest

About Us
NH Fish and Game Dept.
11 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03301

top bottom background image