Let's Go Fishing Class Schedule
Interested in setting up a program for your group or organizations? Here are a few details you should know:
- On average, classes are scheduled 3 months in advance. So, the earlier you call to make a reservation the better.
- Priority is given on a first come first serve basis.
- No class will be scheduled with 30 or less days notice.
- There is an 8 person minimum.
- Each group/organization/school is responsible for their own transportation to and from off site locations.
- Please be aware that all programs are dependent upon volunteer instructor availability and subject to cancelation if no instructors are available.
Let's Go Fishing Program
New courses will be posted below as they become available. Please check our website periodically for new listings.
Let's Go Fishing - Upcoming Classes
Hooksett Library, Fly Fishing Course - Thursday’s, April 9, 16, 23, 30, 6pm-8pm - “Let’s Go Fly Fishing for Trout” is a series of classes designed to introduce people to the “quiet sport” of fly fishing. The classes are designed for beginners as well as people that want to expand their fly fishing skills. Class topics will include equipment, flies, cold water fisheries, strategies, fly tying and fly casting. Although the course focuses on coldwater fish (i.e. trout and salmon), the basic skills are applicable to fly fishing for bass, panfish and saltwater fish species. The classes consist of five two-hour sessions. The classes will be held at the Hooksett Public Library, and on a “to be announced” day and time at Lake Massebesic. All materials are provided from fly tying equipment to fly rods and reels. Classes are a combination of lecture, discussion, hands-on, demonstrations and multimedia presentations. The fly casting class is held on water.
Additional fishing learning opportunities:
Classes will be held at the Hooksett Public Library, 31 Mount Saint Marys Way, Hooksett, NH 03106. There is no charge for the classes, however space is limited. Please register online or by speaking with a library staff member at 603-485-6092. The lead instructor for the workshop series is Stan Jodziewicz and he can be reached by E-mail at LGFFT@yahoo.com for more details about the workshop series.