Let's Go Fishing Volunteer Instructor - Job Description
- Chief Instructor
- Let's Go Fishing Program Coordinator
Instructors must volunteer a minimum of 12 hours each year.
QUALIFICATIONS & SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- An instructor must be 18 years of age, or older.
- An instructor should be able to speak in front of student groups with poise, confidence and sincerity.
- An instructor must be willing to abide by all Aquatic Resources Education program guidelines and adhere to the Instructor Code of Conduct.
- An instructor must possess an openness and willingness to learn and improve teaching skills.
- An instructor should have knowledge and experience in fishing and other related outdoor activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A Let's Go Fishing Instructor will:
- Assist or teach portions of the curriculum prescribed by the department;
- Be able to effectively communicate with students of all ages using proper grammar and terminology along with a variety of effective teaching methods to stimulate students;
- Follow subject lesson plans provided by the department with the ability to use supplemental material;
- Be able to use teaching aids and equipment effectively;
- Maintain student discipline within the classroom;
- Supervise students during the fishing experience;
- Adhere strictly to the Instructor Code of Conduct and be governed by the Let's Go Fishing Program Coordinator, policies and procedures and Aquatic Resources Education guidelines;
- Display ethical attitudes and behaviors;
- Maintain certification by (a) keeping informed about program changes; (b) teaching classes; (c) attending instructor training workshops.